[SR-Users] Selecting a database for Kamailio, PostgreSQL or MySQL

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Mon Jan 16 17:21:02 CET 2012

Hello all,
We are currently in the process of reworking our billing platform which uses Kamailio for routing in conjunction with a Django based web interface.  I am curious if anyone has any feedback on which database engine they chose for their deployment and why.  Obviously performance is a concern but data integrity is essential.  Currently we have two Kamailio based clusters in two datacenters using MySQL in a dual master setup for each of the primary database nodes.  I've been looking into PostgreSQL as a possible alternative and would like to hear any community thoughts.

Thanks,
Spencer