[SR-Users] Kamailio 3.2 RTP repacketization

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:21:54 CET 2012

Hello,

On 12/23/11 12:58 PM, Arif Tuhin wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using the new kamailio 3.2 which has some changes in rtpproxy
> module. And i'm finding it hard to implement a certain configuration.
>
> Because of our network infrastructure i have to repackage rtp streams
> in one direction. Now in kamailio 3.1.5 i used to do this in this way:
> *In main route*
> route[RTPPROXY]{
> if(is_method("BYE"){
>       unforce_rtp_proxy();
> else if(is_method("INVITE")){
>        force_rtp_proxy();
> }
> *in onreply_route*
>        force_rtp_proxy("z160");
>
> Now in kamailio 3.2 the *force_rtp_proxy()* is replaced by
> *rtpproxy_manage(). *Here the script reads like:
> *main route*
> route[NATMANAGE] {
> #!ifdef WITH_NAT
>  if (is_request()) {
>   if(has_totag()) {
>    if(check_route_param("nat=yes")) {
>     setbflag(FLB_NATB);
>    }
>   }
>  }
>  if (!(isflagset(FLT_NATS) || isbflagset(FLB_NATB)))
>   return;
>         rtpproxy_manage("z150");
>  if (is_request()) {
>   if (!has_totag()) {
>    add_rr_param(";nat=yes");
>   }
>  }
>  if (is_reply()) {
>   if(isbflagset(FLB_NATB)) {
>    fix_nated_contact();
>   }
>  }
> #!endif
>  return;
>
> *onreply_route*
> this block is called route[NATMANAGE].
>
> Now if i put rtpproxy_manage("z150"), it tries to repackage in both
> direction which i do not want. So i need to write a separate block for
> onreply_route instead of calling route[NATMANAGE].
> So please help me to write a block for onreply_route.
> Thanks in advance.
just copy&paste route[NATMANGE] to a new name like route[NATMANGEREPLY],
update it to fit your needs and call it from the reply route.

Also, as you can see, there is an is_reply() function that you can use
in route[NATMANGE] to make an IF condition around rtpproxy_mange()
function to call it with different parameters.