[SR-Users] How to deal with diversion loops.

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:20:40 CET 2012

Hi,

The service i built in kamailio is simple - a caller dials an Access
number, my gateway send it to kamailio.

kamailio finds the shadow number for this Access number and send an invite
to the same gateway with the shadow number as destination (state full
proxy).

In kamailio i change only the RURI and the “To” and “From” stays untouched.

Now, when a client performs “diversion”, I can see that I can find myself
in an unwanted long loop….

Example :

A calls B

B diverted the call unconditionally to C.

C is an Access Number that its shadow number is D.

D diverted the call to B…….

Well, that is a bad loop to have!

It can be longer or shorter, but the idea I understood (I think).

I thought about diversion check, counters, dialog “To” and “From” check,
etc….

Anyone here dealt with it?

What will be the best way to check and see if the situation accrues?

Thanks,

Uri