[SR-Users] Topoh hiding prefixes

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 17 15:29:46 CET 2012

Efelin,

There is probably some confusion here.  The 200 OK message is from your gateway (in your call flow), and it can put whatever it wants in the Contact URI; you have no control over that on the Kamailio side.  You might be able to influence it with configuration settings on the GW side, but most likely not.

However, much more importantly: the contact URI in the replies from the gateway only serves to target your UA's sequential requests.  It has nothing to do with the other side of your GW.  If it's a SIP -> TDM or analog GW, then SIP details are totally irrelevant.  If it's a SIP-to-SIP media gateway, it's a back-to-back user agent, meaning it generates a whole new logical call leg on the other side and bridges it to the incoming one from the UA.  The parameters in that new leg are completely independent of any attributes of the old one.

Regardless, the contact URI is something sent back to the UA to tell it how to communicate with the GW.  In the overall scheme of your call flow,  no matter the media, it is a "purely internal" attribute.

--
This message was painstakingly thumbed out on my mobile, so apologies for brevity and errors.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
260 Peachtree Street NW
Suite 2200