[SR-Users] CAcert root in Lumicall

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 21:49:50 CET 2012

Hello,

On 2/9/12 5:21 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> On 09/02/12 01:41, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>
>> I've been contemplating Daniel's earlier question about using the CAcert
>> certificates with Lumicall
>>
>> sip5060.net should already accept mutual authentication from other
>> Kamailio instances running with a CAcert certificate
>>
>> However, the Lumicall dialer itself will only connect to servers that
>> are using a cert signed by a root CA trusted within Android.  This
>> applies to both the SIP and STUN over TLS support.
>>
> CAcert.org now supported...
nice...

> Installing Lumicall does not change the trusted CAs for all apps on the
> phone.  It only adds the CACert (class 1 root) for the SIP TLS transport
> within the app.  This means you can use a CAcert.org cert on a Kamailio
> server, and Lumicall will trust it.
>
> On a side note, I've noticed that CAcert.org is allowing subjectAltName
> (DNSName) within the certs it issues: this is another good reason to use
> the CAcert.org certs, other CAs are quite awkward (or expensive) for
> subjectAltName, and it is really useful for running multiple/virtual
> hosted domains on a single SIP server.
>
> I would be interested in any feedback about this, either for the
> Lumicall app, or the interconnect to/from sip5060.net over TLS
is it available for download out of the android market? I have an
android phone (I guess it is 2.2), but haven't connected it to the
market -- I guess I can just use my gmail account for that, still I
would take the direct download alternative first, if available (the
phone has a settings that allow installation of "untrusted source"
applications).

I can try it with my kamailio over tls, not sure when exactly I will
have the time for it in the next days.