[SR-Users] Record-route and high avaibility

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:31:10 CET 2012

Hello,

On 2/5/12 8:31 PM, Anto wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a proxy that makes the function of balancer and I have a doubt.
> This balancing between two proxies that do accounting, if any falls
> during the course of a call, you lose accounting (record-route). Is
> that correct?
>
> Is it advisable to have at each proxy server as a slave and balance
> the ip? Thanks

you can use hostnames in the record route headers, see rr module readme
for the functions giving such option. Then be sure you have alias values
set to both proxies' hotnames.

Also, you can do static routing if the traffic comes always through your
loadbalancer to the acc proxies and then to an outbound proxy -- this is
a matter of your voip platform architecture.