[SR-Users] sipp issues with dialog module

Timo Reimann sr at foo-lounge.de
Tue Feb 7 20:00:25 CET 2012

Am 07.02.2012 um 17:13 schrieb Uri Shacked:
> anyone knows why the dialog module leaves active dialogs even after a bye was recieved when using sipp?
> once i had issues with the record route and i forced sipp to deal with that, is there something to set on the bye sent by sipp?

From my experience, it's quite tricky to please the dialog module using sipp. Not because of the dialog module but because of sipp which needs some fine-tuning from a dialog perspective.

My BYE message emitted from sipp looks something like this:

  <send>
    <![CDATA[

      BYE [next_url] SIP/2.0
      Via: SIP/2.0/[transport] [local_ip]:[local_port];branch=[branch]
      [routes]
      From: <sip:[service]@[local_ip]>;tag=[call_number]
      To: <sip:[field0]@[remote_ip]>[peer_tag_param]
      Call-ID: [call_id]
      CSeq: [cseq] BYE
      Contact: sip:[service]@127.0.0.1:[local_port]
      Max-Forwards: 70
      Subject: Conversation over

    ]]>
  </send>

If that's not helpful enough, my suggestion is to take a working (i.e., dialog-conforming) real-world call and try to match your sipp scenario gradually. That is, you should verify for each message in the sipp call flow whether it produces the very same dialog state generated by the mirroring real-world call flow. If it fails to do so with some message, compare the sipp/real message line by line and try to match further.

HTH,

--Timo