[SR-Users] Proxy topology question

Greg Mannie greg at latigi.com
Mon Feb 6 19:13:11 CET 2012

Thank you again for your help.

I have been reading on the dispatcher module and have a question.  It
would seem many people use Kamailio as more than proxy and register
sip extensions against it.  Since we host virtual pbx (asterisk 1.8,
Freepbx) for a few different clients, each instance is separate with
it's own database.

I am having problems wrapping my head around the configuration I
should use. Is there not a method just to add DID in the same fashion
as asterisk.  So I register a trunk on Kamailio and based on incoming
DID it sends it to the correct asterisk server?

I have my asterisk 1.8 on a public ip address with a trunk registered
to the Kamailio server which also has a public ip address.

Regards,

Greg