[SR-Users] RADIUS authentication

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:34:39 CET 2012

I thanks for the responses. However, I still don’t have a “vision”
on how I can address my problem. My key points here are: - Most of the enterprise companies have a directory service
implemented already. So it does not make sense to create and maintain a second
one just for SIP clients. With this in mind, we may use LDAP or RADIUS to prevent
introducing a new directory just for SIP. - As long as I understood from my readings (sorry if I am wrong),
Kamailio LDAP will require a change on the customer’s LDAP schema, what most of
the times is “undesirable” on large enterprise. So the way out is to use the native operation
system RADIUS services from the customer’s environment, most of the time M$. Sorry if I am bugging the community of a “carrier product”
trying to adapt it to the enterprise environment. But why not? Kamailio is very
stable, very low foot print, very scalable and it is a product that could
become the “de facto” standard for “the SIP server” like we have a “de facto”
standard for DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, etc. in most of Linux distro. By other hand, most (or all) SIP-PBX servers out there will solve the SIP issues but will also interfere on the RTP, what Kamailio does not do... So my next question is: is it there on the Kamailio
community anyone willing to work on a “Kamailio Enterprise Edition”? I believe the
enterprise market is just thousands times larger than the carrier one. So, does
it worth to create a thread just to discuss using Kamailio on the enterprise? As the last question, am I on the right forum? I mean, am I
asking the right thing on the wrong place? Think about it: thousands and thousands of enterprise
companies using Kamailio! Why not? Cheers! Moacir Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:29:55 +0100