[SR-Users] Video conference with many users

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:40:09 CET 2012

Hello,

On 12/19/12 2:28 AM, Raj Roy Ghandhi wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to do web (HTML5 + WebRTC) Sip client which can do the
> video conference with multiple users.
> Current release of SIPML <http://www.sipml5.org/> does 1 to 1 call.
>
> I have no idea of conference with many users.
> Is it the client that we need to modify to accept call and join
> the conference ?
> Do I need to send INVITE with extra parameters ?
the client can do the mixing and act as a conference bridge -- many
classic sip phones do 3-way conferencing. You have to update yours if
you want the same. There is nothing that has to be in the INVITE, the
user will decide when to bridge.

Alternative is to use a dedicated software as conference bridge (like
asterisk, freeswitch or sems), where each participant has to dial a
specific number for the conference room.