[SR-Users] Xcap server chooice among openSER, mobicents and openXCAP

zhi sun sunzhimailbox at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:29:28 CET 2012

hi guys,

it is my first time to use XCAP, i want to implement XCAP server to support
maybe huge amount of user accesses (as cloud solution), so far, i can find
out three XCAP server solution:

1. openSER with XCAP Server Module
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules_k/xcap_server.html

2. mobicents with XCAP component/server build-in
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/wiki/Welcome?tm=6
http://www.mobicents.org/diameter/index.html
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/Mobicents/job/Mobicents-Books/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/diameter/core/index.html

3. openXCAP
http://www.ag-projects.com/projects-products-96/101-openxcap

but i am not clear to choose with solution to best match my situation (high
volumn, high scale, and quick response).

- does openSER support the cloud solution with high volum, high scale?

- is it easy to use/integrate the XCAP server independently from mobicents?

- is there performance issue for openXCAP, because it is implemented using
python?

any suggestions would be appreciated!
best regards,
-iamsy