[SR-Users] default flavour set to kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:52:08 CET 2012

Hello,

based on community interaction, development, package distributions and
documentation maintenance in the recent years, the default flavour has
been switched now to 'kamailio'.

As written in my previous email, we started the last phase to complete
the integration between kamailio-ser, aiming to get to a unique database
schema and set of modules in maximum 6 months.

Kamailio is the most spread and popular flavour, presented in many
linux/unix distributions, being the one released and packaged
periodically. So it will stay as main flavour, the one officially
released by the project. Those that want can take the sources and build
their own flavour, as the support in Makefile system is kept.

Once the integration is finished, the flavour system will just set the
application name, nothing else. From the open source project
perspective, the resources will be allocated only on releasing under the
main/default flavour (Kamailio).