[SR-Users] AVP string or integer ID

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:52:47 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 8/28/12 11:19 AM, Vitaliy Aleksandrov wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm working with kamailio for about 1 year and still don't understand
> difference between integer and string IDs of AVPs.
> Is it just a question of usability ?
yes, it is just a matter of addressing, integers id were supposed to be
faster to find in the AVPs list, but they are more meaningless, making
them harder to work with over the time. String IDs have also internal
optimizations for searching, so there is not noticeable performance
difference.

It is recommended to use strings, unless one is really concerned about
performance.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat