[SR-Users] Possible bug in authentication

martian at centrum.sk martian at centrum.sk
Thu Aug 23 11:54:19 CEST 2012

Hello to everybody.
I am currently working with Kamailio 3.3.1 on RedHat.
The "loose_route" function was not working correctly and I observed some very strange behaviour (not as one described in the documentation of the function).
I have found that there needs to be a port included in the "alias" variable for the loose_route function to work correctly.
However, upon adding the port to alias, the INVITE messages were no longer authenticated (Kamailio just accepted them and didn't send proxy-auth header in 407 message).

My alias:

alias="domain.ch:5060"

Examining default routing logic, I found the problem here:

if (is_method("REGISTER") || from_uri==myself)
{
 # authenticate requests
}

The "from_uri==myself" was no longer evaluated as true, because there was a port at the end of the alias.
The FROM Header of the INVITE messages looks like:

From: "acc1" ;tag=12345

..so .. no port number there.

Btw, I have fixed this with replacing the "myself" list with my own defined variable MY_DOMAIN.

#!define MY_DOMAIN ".*@domain.ch"

So now the condition looks like this:

if (is_method("REGISTER") || from_uri=~MY_DOMAIN)
{
}

I am not sure if this is a bug that needs to be fixed or not. I am just pointing my finger at it and I hope it will contribute to the development.
Also, a valid description of this behavior (when using port in alias) would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Martin