[SR-Users] Kamailio with asterisk for outbound calls

Thu Aug 23 11:42:55 CEST 2012

On 23.08.2012 08:31, Vijay Thakur wrote:
> Thanks for clearing the doubts. You are very right, i am using kamailio
> as Media Relay.
> Can you send me some specific document URL, from where i can configure
> Asterisk as PSTN Gateway.

There is no such document. But configuring a PSTN gateway is already in
the default configuration file. Just search in the deafult configuration
file for "WITH_PSTN".

> Can we set Kamailio and Asterisk in one server.

Yes, thats no problem. Either use 2 IP addresses on the same server, one
for Kamailio and one for Asterisk, or use the same IP address and
different ports.

regards
Klaus

PS: If you are building a public SIP service it is a good idea to not
use the default port 5060 to get rid of SIP port scanners.