[SR-Users] Kamailio with asterisk for outbound calls

Thu Aug 23 07:54:11 CEST 2012

On 22.08.2012 14:26, Vijay Thakur wrote:
> Hi All Kamailio Experts,
>
> I have configured Kamailio (kamailio 3.1.5) as media server.

Kamailio is a SIP proxy, not a media server. Maybe you mean that you are
using Kamailio with rtpproxy as media relay.

> All things
> are working fine. Now i want to use Asterisk (Asterisk 1.6) for Outbound
> Calls. For this purpose i have followed the web page :

If you wan to you Asterisk as PSTN gateway only, then there is no need
to follow this tutorial. This tutorial makes strong integration of
Kamailio and Asterisk. For PSTN gateway functionality there is no need
to integrate Kamailio and Asterisk - just configure Asterisk as gateway
and forwards PSTN calls from Kamailio to Asterisk (and vice versa)

> http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-3.1.x-asterisk-1.6.2-astdb.
> In this page, some points are not clear for me , as given below:
>
> (1) In case you use *sipregs* you have to create a record for each
> extension where to set the 'name' to value of 'name' from *sipusers*.
> The rest is populated by Asterisk from registrations.
 >
> (2) Be sure you configure Asterisk *to not authenticate* SIP requests
> coming from Kamailio.
>
> I am not sure that my local users chat is working through kamailio or
> asterisk, who is used for authorization.

What do you mean with "not sure"? For instant messaging between users
there is no need to use Asterisk.

In above setup the authentication is done by Kamailio only.

regards
Klaus