[SR-Users] interfacing with kamailio

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Aug 22 18:24:19 CEST 2012

22 aug 2012 kl. 18:01 skrev Carlos Cruz:

> I'm just starting to evaluate Kamailio to be used as a front end to a couple of Asterisk Servers.
>
> Currently I have an Adobe Flex application that interfaces with Asterisk via AMI using a socket connection. I searched on how to interface with Kamailio but wasn't able to find anything that helped me.  I would appreciate it if someone could point me to where I can find information on how this can be done using Kamailio. For example I would like my Flex Application to connect to Kamailio to know the status of the SIP channels.

By default, kamailio doesn't have any knowledge about "channel". A SIP proxy is transaction stageful - in telephony terminology, it knows a call setup or a teardown, but doesn't have any relationship between them - the idea of a "call" is lost.

You can make Kamailio call stateful by using the dialog module, but on the other side - you don't need it since Asterisk is very call stateful. In fact, it makes your platform less redundant to have call states everywhere.

The interface you are looking for is either the MI interface or the RPC interface. We have two interfaces that mostly provides the same functionality. Every module has different functions. It is a simple query-answer interface and has not got the "events" that you get from Asterisk.

I hope this helps you.

/Olle