[SR-Users] does AVP's stay availeable after the transaction was answered?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 20 06:29:47 CEST 2012

What you're looking for is a mechanism to create values that persist
throughout the life of a dialog, not a transaction.  There are two ways
to accomplish that:

1. Traditional way, somewhat kludgy: stuff the value into the
Record-Route header, taking advantage of its persistence across
sequential messages:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/modules_k/rr.html#add-rr-param-id

Then, fish it back out with check_route_param().

2. Dialog variables: a new concept, relatively recently introduced:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/modules_k/dialog.html#id2556135

-- Alex