[SR-Users] Request for advice, running SIP-Router in OpenVZ Container

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:42:46 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I'm considering running Kamailio as a virtual machine, with such low
utilization, it doesn't seem to make sense to keep running it on a physical
host server.

I've been virtualizing Asterisk PBX's for years and run a host of other
virtualized servers with OpenVZ, VMware and MS V-Server without issues.

I'd like any opinions or thoughts about pitfalls or caveats I should be
aware of specific to virtualized SIP-Router/Kamailio.

Thanks in advanced.

JR