[SR-Users] Accessing received after lookup()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:42:46 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 8/17/12 11:13 AM, DanB wrote:
> If it helps someone else, got in the mean time another way of
> accessing it, via transformations on top of $du:
>
> $(du{uri.param,received}).

$du is the address of next hop and it is set due to the Path headers in
this case. In the case there is no intermediary proxy, it will be the
address of the NAT router.

In case you have many contacts for same users, then you have to look
also at the other branches, which are accessible via $branch(...).

> The question which still stands: is there more "automated" way to
> properly handle 302 redirect when the contact is behind NAT?
This might not work for multiple contacts. I even wonder if there is a
RFC saying what to do in the case there are many contacts with different
Path headers. Path headers have to be turned into Route headers after
lookup(), but for redirects?!? Shall Path should be added in reply? Any
IETF guru around that can shed some light?

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw