[SR-Users] Problem Starting kamailio on Debian Squeeze [solved]

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:34:30 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM, JR Richardson <jmr.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm running redundant kamailio 3.0.4 servers in production, have been
> for a long time with great success. They were installed on debian
> Lenny.  One of my servers crashed.  I can't seem to do a debian lennyy
> install because that version is archived now.  I'm trying to install
> on debian squeeze but still using kamailio 3.0.4 for compatibility
> reasons.  The install went pretty normal except during boot up,
> kamailio starts before mysql and networking so it starts then exists.
>
> Once the server is fully booted, kamailio starts with the init script
> without error.
>
> I have adjusted the init script to check for networking and mysql to
> start first and performed an 'update-rc.d kamailio defaults' but still
> no luck.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JR
> --
> JR Richardson
> Engineering for the Masses

Yep, this is an
http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot issue.
Thanks Alex.

The old init scrip that ships with Kamailio 3.0.4 that I am using is
not 100% compatible so I pulled a hack out of the hat and inserted
'sleep 20' before of 'check_fork ()' in the kamailio init script.

Kamailio now waits long enough for all services to start before
launching, simple but effective.

Thanks.

JR
--