[SR-Users] Porblem Starting kamailio on Debian Squeeze

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:13:57 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I'm running redundant kamailio 3.0.4 servers in production, have been
for a long time with great success. They were installed on debian
Lenny.  One of my servers crashed.  I can't seem to do a debian lennyy
install because that version is archived now.  I'm trying to install
on debian squeeze but still using kamailio 3.0.4 for compatibility
reasons.  The install went pretty normal except during boot up,
kamailio starts before mysql and networking so it starts then exists.

Once the server is fully booted, kamailio starts with the init script
without error.

I have adjusted the init script to check for networking and mysql to
start first and performed an 'update-rc.d kamailio defaults' but still
no luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

JR