[SR-Users] LCR - inconsistent return results for gateway selection.

Graham Wooden (personal) graham at g-rock.net
Sun Aug 5 17:33:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am noticing that some of the time (not always consistent) that load_gw()
/ next_gw() will not always return the gateway with the lowest priority
number.

For example, when I look up a route for 205595, I have three grp_ids
(gateways) that services the destination; with them being separated with
1, 2, and 3 priorities:

id      prefix  from_uri        grp_id  priority
7468    205595  NULL    	1       1
7469    205595  NULL    	2       2
7470    205595  NULL    	7       3

About 1/2 of the time, it will chose the priority 1 gateway, as it should.
But randomly, it will choose the other gateways on the first try.  In this
particular case, all three gateways are going to the same destination IP
(just using different hostnames in the "gw" mySQL table) - so I know the
gateways are up. Also, I am not noticing any failures and going to the
next gateway, like it choosing #1, it failing and then going to #2.

What kind of debugging can I do on this gateway selection process? I am
running 1.5.5 notls, and have approximately 425K routes. Kamailio is
started with "-m 512" for the additional memory.

Thanks,

-graham