[SR-Users] Getting started with Kamailio

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Sun Aug 5 12:47:23 CEST 2012

Hi Alex,

Am 03.08.2012 00:11, schrieb Alex Balashov:
>> - Give only a single IP address to all customers and termination
>> providers (the same IP address), 195.5.5.5.
>
> That would be difficult, unless you really have your anycast ducks in a
> row.  A more common way to approach this problem is SRV records, though
> not all SIP endpoints out there implement SRV correctly or make use of
> it in the manner contemplated by a redundancy-oriented use of them.

I think I'll be fine if I prepend my ASN several times at one location
(Spain or France). I will probably still get some tiny traffic from the
direct upstream and maybe its customers, if they have configured it this
way, but the traffic that is originating from my IPs at this location
will also get routed via the direct upstream, so everything should be in
order. Therefore that location will act as backup only (except the
constant tiny traffic that it will probably receive).

I'll cut the rest of your answers as I have nothing to add. Just wanted
to say a big thank you for the detailed answers! That helped.

Regards
Markus