[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Outbound and Registrar. No binding update

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Aug 2 16:15:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

What I am trying to work out is whether Kamailio now supports enough of
Outbound and GRUU that the contact aliasing I am using with WebSockets
is no longer necessary?

Also, is the current support complete enough that there are no issues
around WebSocket connections being broken and the client re-registering
(effectively replacing the existing contact binding)?

I believe for WebSockets the situation is exactly the same as you would
have for a client connecting over TCP from behind a NAT.

Regards,

Peter

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 13:59 +0200, José Luis Millán wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Outbound provides the UAC a way to update a binding even if it
> reboots. For that, a unique and permanent value of instance-id is
> used, which in conjunction with the AoR and reg-id determines the
> binding to the UAC.
>

> Having said this, I guess that the CSeq comparison between the one in
> the Register request and the one in the binding does not apply in this
> scenario since it is not guaranteed that a UAC saves the CSeq value of
> the registration among reboots.
>

> Regards.
>

> 2012/7/31 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
>
>         Hello,
>

>         On 7/30/12 7:23 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>                 2012/7/30 Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>                 <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>                         quick question to double check if what I
>                         understood when I read the specs
>                         was ok -- in gruu/ob, it does not matter
>                         anymore the callid/cseq
>                         combination, or there should still be some
>                         checks related to it?
>
>                 In fact that depends on Outbound instead of GRUU, and
>                 not, when using
>                 Outbound the registrar does NOT check the Call-ID and
>                 CSeq of the
>                 REGISTER (and using GRUU means that Outbound is also
>                 used, so the
>                 Contact has a +sip.instance and reg-id params which
>                 are inspected by
>                 the registrar to create/update/delete a binding).
>
>         but what about same callid with lower cseq, combined with same
>         sip instance and reg-id?
>

>         Cheers,
>         Daniel

Peter Dunkley