[SR-Users] postgres in kamailio 3.3.0-9.1

Andrew O. Zhukov gnugk at telegroup.com.ua
Wed Aug 1 17:33:27 CEST 2012

The same trouble with:
completely updated Centos 5
the last Kamailio RPM from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/kamailio:/telephony/RedHat_RHEL-5/
and
postgresql-libs.x86_64.8.1.23-5.el5_8

several month ago I try
postgresql84-libs.x86_64
with the same result.

It's not possible to use Kamailio RPM with postgres backend. Need to
assemble it manually.

Bruno Bresciani wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I configure the Kamailio 3.1.2 with postgres but I cann't start. In the
 > log file is generated the following error:
 >
 > //
 >
 > ERROR: load_module: could not open module
 > </home2/local/kamailio/lib/kamailio/modules/db_
 > postgres.so>: /home2/local/kamailio/lib/kamailio/modules/db_postgres.so:
 > undefined symbol: PQdescribePrepared

Have you built Kamailio yourself? Looks like db_postgres.so can not find
the postgresql libraries, or it was built with a different library version.

Maybe ldd can give you some details:

    ldd /home2/local/kamailio/lib/kamailio/modules/db_postgres.so

regards
Klaus