[SR-Users] Core fm_realloc function

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:57:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 7/31/12 3:39 PM, Bruno Bresciani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I didn't know that log messages related to memory operations can be
> controlled by global parameter, but I like to know if is recommendable
> I recompile kamailio using q_malloc (default) and not f_malloc...
> memory operations using q_malloc is more reliable and avoid problems
> or crashes or it is only more suitable for debugging? What do you
> suggest Daniel?

q_malloc is more suitable for debugging.

> The 'get_statistics all' command is avaliable by a specific module? I
> run 'kamctl fifo get_statistics all' and return '500 command
> 'get_statistics' not available'

Do you have kex module loaded? What is the output of 'kamctl fifo which'?

> For while is impossible to start a new installation, first because I
> don't know how much time I will spend to port and second because I am
> involved with other developments and I have no time  to make this. I
> know that 3.1 is no longer a official branch but now start a new
> installation it's very very difficult, my in intention is discover
> what caused the crash and if exists a way to fix or prevent it.
Discovering may require additional patches, like more debug messages in
the C code, that's why is better to start with the latest stable.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw