[SR-Users] dispatcher and call transfer

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:53:12 CEST 2012

Hi All,

Just resending this as my previous message was too big (bigger than 60k)

---.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

@Charles
Yes that is correct, that is the scenario that is occurring, we are
using asterisk, when a call is initiated via asterisk 1, the second call
then routes through to asterisk 2, asterisk 1 then gets the REFER but
doesn't know about the 2nd call.

@Reda
I like this option of using the hash table (I'd like to exclude a
database lookup for each initial invite), however, would I be forced to
use a database in the case of 2 loadbalancers, surely some shared state
would need to exist between the loadbalancers to make this decision on
where to route the call if it already exists. I suspect the hashtable
suggestion may work perfectly in a single loadbalancer scenario, unless
I'm missing something. For example, the initialy call may go via
loadbalancer 1 however the second call may go through loadbalancer 2,
that way loadbalancer 2 may not know of an existing call already been setup.

In keeping with the hashtable train of thought, is it really neccessary
to keep a reference to the callid, as the second call in the transfer
scenario described by Charles, the callid of the second call is
different to the original call.

Just as an FYI, I am currently using dispatcher algorithm 0 which is a
hash over callid.

Thanks again all for the suggestions/tips