[SR-Users] Copy reason field from 503 to 500.

Vitaliy Aleksandrov vitalik.voip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:10:54 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have Kamailio connected to PSTN gateway.

Sometimes gateway replies with "503 temporary unavailable". PSTN gateway
adds a "reason" header with ISUP code.
But according to RFC 3261 kamailio doesn't forward 503 replies
transparently. When 503 reply is received Kamailio replaces 503 with a
500 which is created from original request (build_res_buf_from_sip_req).
I have tried append_hf from textops module, but it's not working with a
locally generated replies.

How can i copy Reason header from 503 to 500 ?

I will appreciate your help with this situation.

Best regards,
     Vitaliy Aleksandrov.