[SR-Users] reply code for lower cseq

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:19:06 CEST 2012

12.2.2

    If the remote sequence number is empty, it MUST be set to the value
    of the sequence number in the CSeq header field value in the request.
    If the remote sequence number was not empty, but the sequence number
    of the request is lower than the remote sequence number, the request
    is out of order and MUST be rejected with a 500 (Server Internal
    Error) response.  If the remote sequence number was not empty, and
    the sequence number of the request is greater than the remote
    sequence number, the request is in order.  It is possible for the
    CSeq sequence number to be higher than the remote sequence number by
    more than one.  This is not an error condition, and a UAS SHOULD be
    prepared to receive and process requests with CSeq values more than
    one higher than the previous received request.  The UAS MUST then set
    the remote sequence number to the value of the sequence number in the
    CSeq header field value in the request.

       If a proxy challenges a request generated by the UAC, the UAC has
       to resubmit the request with credentials.  The resubmitted request
       will have a new CSeq number.  The UAS will never see the first
       request, and thus, it will notice a gap in the CSeq number space.
       Such a gap does not represent any error condition.

o Daniel-Constantin Mierla on 04/24/2012 02:10 PM: