[SR-Users] reply code for lower cseq

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Tue Apr 24 14:17:56 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,
See RFC 3261 section 12.2.2:

   If the remote sequence number was not empty, but the sequence number
   of the request is lower than the remote sequence number, the request
   is out of order and MUST be rejected with a 500 (Server Internal
   Error) response.

However, 400 or some 4xx response would seem more reasonable to me, to
let the UAC know it just did something wrong.
And I'm not the only one:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.sip-implementors/8970