[SR-Users] generating cdrs

Pirjo Ahvenainen pirjo.ahvenainen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:57:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

No prob, and thanks for your comments, I'm suspecting I had installed
a devel version on the system I was testing before installing 3.2.3
and had used its db creation scripts. So what I will need to do is go
back to testing the right version! ;) I installed a clean box with
3.2.3, no cdrs table vs. the one I had, I'll use that for devel
version testing. Next job, I'll try it out with the devel version.

So the cdr to db is on its way, the 3.2 documentation means saving
only to syslog. Originally I associated this to the cdrs table I was
staring at. I think I can call this myth busted!

Thanks Timo!

cheers,
Pirjo

23. huhtikuuta 2012 18.15 Timo Reimann <sr at foo-lounge.de> kirjoitti:
> Hey Pirjo,
>
> sorry for the delay!
>

> Am 20.04.2012 um 20:05 schrieb Pirjo Ahvenainen:
>> That would sort of make sense... Although, 'kamdbctl create' generates
>> cdrs table along with all others, why have a table (+ 3.2
>> documentation), with nothing to populate that table in code?
>
> I cannot find any instances of the word "cdr" in any file of the util/kamctl and lib/ directories. Are you sure that there are CDR-related tables being created with that script?
>
> With regards to the acc documentation, there's no mentioning of any database storage as far as I can tell. I wrote the original piece of documentation, so unless someone has extended the code base and updated the docs there shouldn't be any reference (yet) to the feature you desire. What the original CDR-generating implementation allowed you to do was to create a syslog-based stream of CDRs similar to how transaction logging works in the acc module. Pumping that CDR stream into a database had to be done via an external process, however.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --Timo
>

>> 20. huhtikuuta 2012 20.48 Timo Reimann <sr at foo-lounge.de> kirjoitti:
>>> Hey Pirjo,

>>> I haven't looked at the acc module in quite a while but to my knowledge, direct-to-DB storage of CDRs is still in the making. The second to last commit messages by Sven Knoblich (7b4567) mentions that the patch is "necessary for the upcoming db-storage of cdr's."
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> --Timo

>> --
>>
>> --