[SR-Users] Can rtpproxy be used withou NAT ?

Rabary teddy at gulfsat.mg
Tue Apr 10 12:58:50 CEST 2012

Hi mailing,

I installed kamailio 3.2, rtpproxy 1.2.1, callcontrol 2.0.15 on a vz,
and cdrtool 8.2.5 and freeradius 2.1.10 on another vz.

The 2 vz container have public ip address, and the UAC have private ip
address.

I want to use rtpproxy, and the following are what ps and netstat
command returns about rtpproxy:
teddy at kamailio:~$ ps aux | grep rtpproxy
teddy    22866  0.0  0.0   3312   800 pts/0    S+   11:08   0:00 grep
rtpproxy
teddy    31326  0.0  0.0  11360   804 ?        Ssl  Apr06   0:02
/usr/sbin/rtpproxy -F -l our_public_ip -s udp:localhost 22222

teddy at kamailio:~$ sudo netstat -pln | grep rtp
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:22222
0.0.0.0:*                           31326/rtpproxy

And my problem is:  when I make calls, for example the UAC1 calls UAC2,
with ngrep I see the UAC1 calls UAC1 and not UAC2, and I don't know why.

In kamailio config file, there are directive WITH_NAT for everything
related to rtpproxy (loadmodule, routing logic, etc) as you can see in
the attached conf file.

I try disable the use of this directive WITH_NAT so I disable the use of
rtpproxy in kamailio and it works: when UAC1 calls UAC2, the UAC2 is
ringing.

Please tell me what am I doing  wrong, or to use rtpproxy without NAT is
not possible ?

  In attached file the kamailio config file, the diff between rtpproxy
enable and rtpproxy disable, and the result of ngrep and what is in
syslog when I made calls.

Thanks in advance.
--

Rabary Teddy