[SR-Users] Installing in a non-standard path

Daniel Gonzalez gonvaled at gonvaled.com
Sat Apr 7 23:04:55 CEST 2012

Thanks Alex,

In my case it is ser.cfg, not kamilio.cfg.

I have made a single correction: I have changed this:

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

#!ifdef LOCAL_TEST_RUN
loadpath "modules:modules_s"
#!else
loadpath "/usr/lib/ser/modules:/usr/lib/ser/modules_s"
#!endif

To this:

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

#!ifdef LOCAL_TEST_RUN
loadpath "modules:modules_s"
#!else
loadpath "/tmp/my/very/strange/path/lib/ser/modules:/tmp/my/very/strange/path/lib/ser/modules_s"
#!endif

And the situation has improved. I have gone from:

» /tmp/my/very/strange/path/sbin/ser
ERROR: bad config file (34 errors)

» /tmp/my/very/strange/path/sbin/ser
/tmp/my/very/strange/path/lib/ser/modules:/tmp/my/very/strange/path/lib/ser/modules_s
ERROR: bad config file (2 errors)

But still two errors, which I can not find. How can I tell the ser
binary to help me with pinpointing the errors?
I have tried to start with -ddd, but it has not helped.

By the way, the other configuration files are:

etc/
`-- ser
    |-- dictionary.sip-router
    |-- ser-advanced.cfg
    |-- ser-basic.cfg
    `-- ser.cfg

And they seem to be fine. There was a correct reference to the right
installation path in ser-basic.cfg: