[SR-Users] Problem with xpath updates of XCAP documents

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:15:53 CEST 2012

Hello,

can you give the full log of such operation with debug=3? It may help
seeing the values used internally for matching...

Otherwise, if it is a valid xpath condition and no match, then could be
something to libxml2 implementation.

On 4/4/12 7:01 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried a simplified update URL with curl:  curl --digest -u 111:111
> -T pidf_modify.xml -H "Content-Type: application/xcap-el+xml" -X PUT
> http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index~~/presence/tuple/note
> <http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index%7E%7E/presence/tuple/note>
>
> This "correctly" updated the <note/> nodes in both <tuple/> nodes of
> the document.  So, the problem with the XCAP server appears to be over
> the %5b at id= <mailto:5b at id=>'x8eg92n'%5d that is used to identify a
> specific <tuple/> node.  I believe, from searching online, that this
> is valid XPath syntax, so it does look like there is a bug here.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
>
> On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 17:19 +0100, Peter Dunkley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been experimenting with uploading, and modifying existing,
>> XCAP documents.  I have been trying out the example from RFC 4827 and
>> I can't get it to work with Kamailio.
>>
>> To upload the document (this works) I use the command: curl --digest
>> -u 111:111 -T pidf.xml -X PUT
>> http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index
>> <http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@multifon.ru/index>
>>
>> To modify the document (this doesn't work) I use the command: curl
>> --digest -u 111:111 -T pidf_modify.xml -H "Content-Type:
>> application/xcap-el+xml" -X PUT
>> http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index~~/presence/tuple%5b@id='x8eg92n'%5d/note
>> <http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@multifon.ru/index%7E%7E/presence/tuple%5b@id=%27x8eg92n%27%5d/note>
>>
>> When I try to modify the document I get the error: "Apr  4 17:12:08
>> pd-laptop-linux kamailio[16862]: ERROR: xcap_server
>> [xcap_server.c:596]: no new content"
>>
>> I went through the XCAP server code and added some debug and found
>> that the check on xcap_misc.c:491 is succeeding (which means "no
>> selection for xpath parent expression") and the document is not being
>> changed.  Also, from my limited understanding of XPath and libxml2, I
>> would have expected the code path which should have been followed to
>> go through the else clause of the conditional on xcap_misc.c:468 -
>> which means I don't think that the xcaps_xpath_set() function is
>> doing the right thing at all.
>>
>> Is there anyone here that is more familiar with libxml2 that can give
>> me any pointers here.  As far as I can tell the XCAP server code
>> looks OK to me, and I believe the documents (attached) and my XCAP
>> queries are correct as well.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Peter

> Peter Dunkley
> Technical Director
> Crocodile RCS Ltd

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/