[SR-Users] Network Architecture Question

Stoyan Mihaylov stoyan.v.mihaylov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:52:20 CEST 2012

Our system is:
SIPClients <-> Kamailio <->Asterisk<->external access points
SIP clients are connected to Kamailio. All calls (from clients) are
forwarded to Asterisk, and Asterisk either send call back to Kamailio, or
send call to external world through paid SIP trunk.
One of Asterisk servers is registered with VoIP provider. Calls to access
points are going directly to Asterisk server, although it is behind
Kamailio - Asterisk servers have only private IP address. Some of calls are
forwarded to Kamailio and clients connected to it.
Kamailio itself, as I understand is not prepared as gateway, but as sip
router with some other functions.
We use also rtpproxy module, and we do not need STUN for clients.
PS
I can send you some pieces of code, or even whole conf file.
It is far far away from perfectness because I am working from very short
time with Kamailio, until last 5 months we used only Asterisk.