[SR-Users] Network Architecture Question

Rob Watkin robwatkin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:20:04 CEST 2012

Your remark about digest authentication explains why I have had
difficulties. I was considering merging SIP interconnects with digest
authenticated SIP trunks in a single gateway. I would prefer not to use a
B2BUA as a PSTN gateway in order to avoid carrier media where possible. I
suspect it might be better to separate out any digest authenticated SIP
trunks to a B2BUA just for this.

My main reason for wishing to run a back-end gateway is to simplify our own
network and to be able to reconcile against third-party CDRs all in one
place.

Can you point me to any documentation for running Kamailio as a PSTN
gateway?

Thanks
Rob