[SR-Users] SNMPStats and multiple proxies

Antanas Masevicius antanas.masevicius at ntt.lt
Fri Sep 30 14:45:45 CEST 2011

Hello,

it looks like this functionality can be implemented using SNMPv3
contexts. This way snmp agentx subagents would be able to register the
same OID tree with different from default context. The only change we
need is to patch snmpstats module with register context call as
described here:

http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Coding_21

We would probably also need some kamailio exported parameter to specify
subagent context. This parameter would only be needed to set if SNMPv3
is about to be used, otherwise default context would be set.

If someone is willing to do it, drop me a note. If not, i would try to
implement this change myself a bit later.
Is there a chance that such change would be accepted into main tree?

best regards,

Antanas Masevicius

On 2011.09.26 08:45, Antanas Masevicius wrote:
> Hello Edson,
>
> as i understand this, Kamailio module SNMPstats does not provide SNMP
> protocol itself it just binds with snmpd via agentx. Thus if you want to
> query with snmp client you have to do it via snmp deamon which only
> relays client requests to kamailio (please correct me if i am wrong
> here). Problem here is that i don't know how to bind more than one
> kamailio instance to single snmpd instance.
>
> best regards,
> Antanas Masevicius
>

> On 2011.09.23 18:55, Edson - Lists wrote:
>> There is a SNMP module in Kamailio
>> (http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/snmpstats.html)
>>
>> Why didn't you query Kamailio directly? Each one in his own IP/port?
>> Isn't that doable???
>>
>> Edson.
>>
>> Em 23/09/2011 11:47, Antanas Masevicius escreveu:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> been trying to run two sip-router proxies in parallel and to feed data
>>> from them to snmpd via agentx. But it looks like snmpd deamon directly
>>> routes snmp request just to one (probably first connected) proxy. What
>>> ways this can be solved? Currenly i am thinking like running two
>>> concurrent snmpd daemons binded to specific IP addresses. Is there a
>>> better way to do it?
>>>
>>> best regards,
>>> --
>>> Antanas Masevicius

Antanas Masevičius
Technikos direktorius
UAB "Nacionalinis telekomunikaciju tinklas"
Tel.  +370 5 2056000
Tel.  +370 700 00031 (tiesioginis)
Fax.  +370 700 00034
el.p: antanas.masevicius at ntt.lt