[SR-Users] Placing ds_select_dst in kamailio.cfg, where?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:47:57 CEST 2011

Hello,

please keep the mainling list cc-ed.

Calling ds_select_dst() first in the main route block is not really a
good place. First you have to handle sanity checks, within dialog
requests a.s.o. Of course it is a matter of your purpose, but as general
hint, selecting the destination should be done just (or as close as
possible) before relaying.

If you take default config and you have only load balancing, then you
can replace location lookup part with load balancing. Other parts may be
stripped as well, just giving some direction here.