[SR-Users] releasing v3.2.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:46:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/28/11 12:31 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2011, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> [default binding for IPv6]
>>> Do you think this patch is of interest for 3.2 release?
>> can you push it in a personal branch to review the impact on the
>> existing code. It is of interest, of course, ultimately there can be a
>> parameter (cfg or command line) to control it.
> Hi Daniel,
>
> in my opinion the IPv6 behaviour should be consistent to the one in IPv4 -
> this is probably what out users expect anyway. So if we really need another
> cfg parameter for this, the default should be like in IPv4.
I agree, I expressed my opinion for the case someone looks for backward
compatibility, so there can be added a parameter that will allow that.

At some point in the (near :-) ) future, we may want auto-discover for
IPv6 only, not for IPv4, because IPv4 will be sporadically used, just
for some very old and crappy SIP phones (we have today).

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat