[SR-Users] documentation update for 3.2.0 and wiki system

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:41:42 CEST 2011

Hello,

in preparation for release 3.2.0, I was checking our wiki (on
kamailio.org), which is quite rich in information, but some tutorials
are for older versions.

Maybe it is also a good time to do some restructuring along with the
update of the useful tutorials to be valid for 3.2.0.

For restructuring, the main goal is to provide some ways to let people
find the documentation they need (and it is available there) easier.
Some ideas, introducing categorization/tags for specific topics (e.g.,
radius, ldap, presence, asterisk, ...), introducing some index pages to
link tutorials per version, etc.

More suggestions are welcome here, let us know what will make your life
easier in browsing the docs.

On another hand, currently wiki is based on dokuwiki, which from my
point of view did good job so far, but maybe we are missing another
excellent wiki system that we should use, because provides more tools
for this kind of purpose. One thing I was missing, was export to pdf,
which I may be possible right now with dokuwiki plugins -- or even
better, we can get something to export to docbook xml format with
dokuwiki or other wiki system.

In the same kind of subject, what about using git to store (or at least
have a replica of) the wiki pages? IIRC, I saw somewhere that even for
dokuwiki is possible to configure to use a git repository to store the
wiki content instead of local CVS. This will allow people to mirror very
easy the content. I could spot from time to time web spiders downloading
the wiki.

Comments or other suggestions to make the access to documentation easier?

Thanks,

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat