[SR-Users] releasing v3.2.0

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Sep 28 12:06:54 CEST 2011

On 09/28/2011 12:56 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it is time to set the time to release v3.2.0. From my point of view,
> testing went very well, considering also that core and main modules were
> not touched much during this devel cycle, the most of the efforts were
> on new modules and application service components such as presence
> server, Lua ...
>
> A convenient date for me will be Tuesday, October 18, 2011, allowing to
> work a bit on packaging and docs. If there are other preferences, jump
> in this discussion.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hello Daniel,

I have some patches regarding IPv6 interface discovery on Linux. Now the
IPv6 interfaces have to be manually binded to via a listen directive
(because ipv6 discovery doesn't work on linux), but this patch fixes it
.So if kamailio is not given a listen interface , he will discover any
non-link-local ipv6 iface and bind to it. This changes the default
behavior (no IPv6 default binding), and works for all supported
transport protocols (UDP, TCP, SCTP, TLS(over TCP))

The patch is fairly well tested (but not yet in production), and is
based on Linux specific RT_NETLINK sockets (for other NIX flavors like
BSD the present code works well).

Do you think this patch is of interest for 3.2 release?

Marius

--
Zbihlei Marius

Head of
Linux Development Services Romania

1&1 Internet Development srl    Tel KA: 754-9512
Str Mircea Eliade 18            Tel RO: +40-31-223-9512
Sect 1, Bucuresti               mailto: marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
71295, Romania