[SR-Users] simple question but can't find the answer

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:49:21 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/28/11 2:43 AM, JJ Zeng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am really new to ser(just installed it today).  My situation is here:
>
> Both A and B make tcp connection to ser proxy server.  If A sends
> "Invite" to B, ser would look up the tcp connection of B, and relay
> the sip request.  If B is not connected, then 480 is returned to A.
> When B sends back the response, ser would relay  it to A.
>
> It looks really simple, but I just can't figure out how to do it.

what default config file you started with?

Apart of that when the user is not online, the default config replies
with 404 Not Found, the relaying between phones when they are online is
done there, being a combination of calling function from registrar and
tm modules. So, if you start with the default config, no matter is
Kamailio or SER flavour, routing of the calls between online users is
provided there, just go through it in order to understand better.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat