[SR-Users] Dialog module showing calls that have already been terminated

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Mon Sep 19 10:47:25 CEST 2011

Hey Phillip,

you probably forgot to keep the mailing list in CC, I'll do that for you.

On 19.09.2011 08:43, Phillman25 Kyriacou wrote:
> You are right.
>
> I added the function dlg_manage(); when there is a BYE or CANCEL and now
> its working perfectly. Before i had this function defined only on
> INVITES. The strange thing is that it was working normally before when
> dlg_manage(); was defined only for INVITE messages in the route block.

So you are saying that before, you called dlg_manage() on INVITEs only
but now, you need that function on both INVITE and BYE/CANCEL messages?

That'd still qualify as a bug as the trigger to tracking the dialog
(i.e., dlg_manage()) is required only once. After that, the dialog
module makes sure that all dialog-related messages are properly
processed. The only thing that's necessary for sequential requests to be
tracked correctly is a call to loose_route() on such messages.

If you are sure that your Kamailio configuration didn't change between
3.1.2 and 3.1.5 w.r.t. dialog tracking or anything that could affect it,
I'd be willing to take a closer look at this issue (giving you can
provide me with more information on your scenario, like call flow
examples or similar).

Cheers,

--Timo