[SR-Users] kamailio debian/ubuntu support

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:10:35 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/15/11 10:44 AM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> Hi all
>
> with the release of kamailio 3.1.5, I've done a small change to the debian
> repositories:
>
> Nightly builds of kamailio_3.0 branch have been dropped and the repository has
> been erased. There is no development in this branch and it has no sense to keep
> nightly builds for it. Those (few) people using kamailio_3.0-nightly
> repositories are advised to move their sources.list to the stable 3.0
> repository of upgrade to 3.1 or master branches.
>
> kamailio 3.0 will continue to be packaged if any new stable version is released
> for etch, lenny, squeeze and lucid.
packaging 3.0 nightly branch make no sense anymore, migration from 3.0
to 3.1 should be trivial, on a source code using same architecture. Most
maintenance resources were focused to 3.1 branch and after 3.2.0 is out
in few weeks, 3.0 is not going to be an officially maintained branch. So
don't allocate unnecessary resources for 3.0 branch.

> For 3.1 branch, nightly builds and stable repos will be provided for lenny,
> lucid and squeeze
>
> When the time for 3.2 (master branch at the moment) comes, I'll add Wheezy
> support. Not sure about Ubuntu distro support. Should we add support to Ubuntu
> 11.10 or wait until the lts 12.04 is released?
I am more the debian stable guy for production, but maybe it is not that
complex to add at least the specs (a matter of dependencies lib
versions, I guess) if someone has such OS and can test the building --
perhaps adding it to your build server is a bit more complex...

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat