[SR-Users] DNS support

CT Radu ct.radu.001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:20:57 CEST 2011

Dear sirs and madams,

I was wondering what is the current support for DNS fallback in the
3.1.x branch .
Lets assume we have a new dialog started and the name in the To field
needs to be resolved via a NAPTR.
Kamailio sends a NAPTR request, gets 3 SRVs , each with a number of A or
AAAA records.
The best/most suitable SRV is selected, however no response is returned
from any of the addresses in the A records.
Now, we should go the second SRV and try the A records in there and so on.

My question is how much from this kind of dns fallback algorithm is
supported ?
(I hope my explanation wasn't too confusing)

Thank you,
Costin Radu