[SR-Users] Kamailio terminating after upgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Sep 14 16:34:02 CEST 2011

On 09/14/2011 05:01 PM, Phillman25 Kyriacou wrote:
> Dear Marius
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
> I apologise, As i am a newbie could you please explain how to produce
> the below output that you require?

if you can reproduce the crash, in a shell write

ulimit -c unlimited #to allow unlimited size of coredump
kamailio -f ../path/to/cfg #any other options you give to kamailio
<here the crash happens - make it happen>

In the directory that you lunch the commands you will find several
core.kamailio.<pid> (or simply just core) file, that are called
coredumps (they should be fairly large so don't worry)

After that :

gdb /path/to/kamailio core.kamailo.<pid> #or how the core was called
 >bt full
 >info reg

(these commands are in gdb prompt)
Paste the output of the gdb commands and lets see what happens. It would
really help if kamailio already has debug symbols when compilling
(should be enabled by default).

Cheers
Marius