[SR-Users] no publish from pua/pua_mi to outbound proxy

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Sep 12 11:01:15 CEST 2011

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> By using ".", the presence server will create a new e-tag, right? It is
> not an update to an existing presence document, but creation of a new
> one.

yes, it is considered a new presence document, which replaces an old one
if any.  same as if a single ua crashes and is restarted: it will issue
a publish without etag.

> Perhaps the best would be to me able to control this matching, to force
> or not when etag is present. From code point of view, even there is no
> record in PUA matching the etag, the publish is sent and added in PUA
> table only in case of 200ok. So, if there is no etag match on server
> side, then the return code should be 412 (iirc atm), so no new record
> added in pua.

yes, error code should be returned if an etag is present in publish,
which does not match what presence server expects.

> All seemed to be fine, anyhow, ultimately we can leave the patch for 3.3
> if you don't need it and nobody else wants it for the moment -- I can
> upload it on tracker for availability.

if others don't have other opinions, lets put the patch on hold.

-- juha