[SR-Users] Does xcap server of kamailio support partial update of xcap document?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:12:28 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/7/11 11:26 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> the error is because the size of http url is higher than 127. You can
>> increase it, no problem, it is now 255 in devel version -- be aware you
>> have to increase in the database xcap table as well the size of
>> doc_uri.
> daniel,
>
> if uri size in devel version now is 255, should
>
> <!ENTITY uri_len "128">
>
> in entities.xml be also changed?
indeed, probably we should make it uniform everywhere, even sip aor and
usually shorter, in many cases there can be long uri parameters that
over all can make it quite long.

Feel free to do it, however I think it has to be reviewed where is used,
though -- it should be safe even size in db is longer as long as the
insert is done by kamailio itself, not sure we have affected cases when
the insert is done by external apps, so better double check...

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat