[SR-Users] permanent usrloc entries in Kamailio

Tue Sep 6 15:54:56 CEST 2011

Hi!

Recently I had a problem with permanent usrloc entries when upgrading a
server from SER 0.9 to Kamailio 3.1.

Obviously the problem was that the permanent entries had "flag=128" and
now expires=0 is used, see old thread:

http://old.nabble.com/usrloc-permanent-records-and-strptime-td17668417.html

The strange thing is, that even setting the expiry to 2099-0...... did
not worked and Kamailio deleted the "expired" entries. Only setting it
to "1970-01-01 01:00:00" worked.

Any ideas what could been wrong?

Further I wonder why Kamailio uses 01:00:00 for the permanent entry? The
server is currently running in timezon CEST (UTC+2), thus IMO 02:00:00
would be more logical.

Above thread also mentions problems with day-light-saving changes. Are
there really problems? How do you solve those problems? I think the best
workaround is to set system time always to UTC.

Thanks
Klaus